Linksys extender setup is the perfect way to get you to connect and surf the internet. From a small home to a multistory building. Linksys extenders have solutions for every place. No more connectivity issues only seamless surfing. To begin, choose the device of your requirement and install it. Installation is easy and quick.
Linksys extenders have a variety to choose from. It has all solutions for all kinds of needs. From the single band, dual-band to mesh networking Linksys offers solutions for every need.
Single Band Extenders:
Single-band extenders support only 2.4GHZ and send only one network of 2.4GHz frequency. These extenders can help you to cover a large area but speed is a limitation.
Single-band extenders don’t provide high-speed internet but coverage is high. Example RE3000W
Dual-band extenders support 2 frequencies 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Unlike single-band extenders, these extenders send 2 Wi-fi networks. One for 2.4Ghz and another for 5Ghz. These extenders provide high-speed internet as well because of 5Ghz. This frequency has low coverage but high internet speed. If the Wi-Fi device is far away from the extender then it may not find the 5Ghz signals as it has low coverage.
Tri-Band Mesh Network Extenders:
Mesh network extenders support all wifi frequencies and provide superior internet solutions. Along with high-end coverage, these extenders have high internet speed as well. These extenders can be used for multistory and big houses. These extenders provide uninterrupted and superior internet speed and coverage. Like VELOP
Linksys Extenders and their coverage:
Every extender has a different configuration and wifi coverage. A list of extenders with their coverage to facilitate the selection.
- RE3000W: Cover 5000 square feet area. (Single Band Extender)
- RE6300: Cover 6500 square feet area. (Dual Band Extender)
- RE6500: Cover 10,000 square feet area. (Dual Band Extender)
- RE6700: Cover 10,000 square feet area. (Dual Band Extender)
- RE7000: Cover 10,000 square feet area. (Dual Band Extender)
Extender Setup with Router
Setup can be done in 2 ways with the router and it depends on user requirement. The extender can be setup as an access point with a router and as a wireless range extender also. To begin, first, select the mode of setup.
WPS Extender Setup
To setup the extender with WPS, make sure the router supports the WPS. If the router has a WPS button press the WPS button on the router and wait till the LED starts blinking on it, once the LED starts blinking press the WPS button on the extender and wait till the blinking LED turns Solid green.
To confirm the setup open the router page and look for the connected devices. Find the extender name in the list, if the extender name shows there it signifies successful configuration of the extender with the route. From the same page extender, IP can also be retrieve to access the extender setting page.
Manual Extender Setup with Router
To setup an extender using manual configuration, connect the extender with the computer and open extender.linksys.com, and setup page will appear. Select the mode to setup the extender and wireless network to extend. Confirm with wifi password and complete the setup process.
Using manual method extender can also be setup as an access point. While setting up extender as an access point it requires only selection of wifi network name, no password authentication will be need. On successful setup, the Ethernet cable between the extender and router can’t be remove.
192.168.1.1 Linksys Extender Setup
It’s an alternative to setup an extender using the manual method. To begin with the method, first, connect the laptop with the extender using a wifi or wired connection. Open the browser and hit the IP address in the URL bar. It’ll show Linksys extender setup page, follow the instructions step by step to complete the setup.
Can’t access Linksys Setup Page?
If there is trouble in accessing the setup page i.e. www.extender.linksys.com some remedial actions can be performed to make it work.
- Ensure proper connection with the extender and device and the extender should be turn on properly before opening the setup website.
- Ensure the browser is an update and try surfing any other website to ensure the proper functioning of the browser.
- The extender should be on his factory setting; if any previous settings are save on it we recommended cleaning them first.
- Extender light status can help to rectify this problem, if the extender has blinking amber only then try to setup the extender.
- If the website is not opening we can try the IP address alternatively, try 192.168.1.1 as this also takes to the same setup page.
Can’t Connect to Linksys Extender?
If it’s not getting connected with the extender or giving some error then it could be fix in several ways. Sometimes it allows you to connect with it but gives no intern access and that’s of no use or it may not even permit you to connect with the extender and may say access denied. Let’s have a look at solutions
- It’s important to select the right extender wifi name. Ensure you are connecting with the right extender wifi name.
- Watch for any recent changes on the extender or router. Any changes in settings of either extender or router may cause this issue.
- Ensure the router has proper internet connectivity. The extender provides the internet only if the router has it properly. Any internet issue at the router end can be the reason behind this issue.
- Confirm the distance between the device and extender, if are far away then ‘No Internet’ or ‘Intermittent connectivity issues can arise.
- Password validation plays a vital role in it. Connection with any wifi network is subjected to the right password validation for it. So it’s also recommended to check the password, verify the
- password it should be correct and in proper cases. If requires forget the network password and enter it again.
Extender Login Page
To access the extender different setting like extender wifi name, password, type of security, connected devices on the extender and etc. extender page is needed. The extender page is accessible only after the successful configuration of the extender with the router.
On successful configuration router assigns a unique IP to it and using this IP different extender settings can be access. To find this unique IP address, login into the router page and look for the connected device. Find the extender name in the list of connected devices and click on it to get the IP address assigned to it by a router.
In a browser enter this IP address and it’ll ask for the username and password. Enter the ‘admin’ as username and enter the password set by you while setting up the extender. On successful authentication, it’ll open the extender setting page and all settings can be access and changed from this page like changing the extender wifi password.
Secure Your Extender:
Extender login page and extender wifi network both can be secure so that no unauthorized person can access it. While setting up the extender the login page password can be set, this password we set at the last step of the setup. In the last step, it asks for Linksys extender Setup page password and hints to recognize it. The user can set a password at this point but the username can’t be changed. For Linksys extenders default username is ‘admin’.
Similarly, passwords to connect with the extender network can also be set. It even gives the option to make the extender network open so that anyone can connect to extender wifi without any password. But it’s always recommended to set up a password for the wifi network. If you set a password, it’ll always ask for password authentication if anyone tries connecting to it. By default, the extender sets the same password as the router to connect to it.