Linksys RE7000 Setup
Linksys RE7000 Setup
Linksys RE7000 is a compact but powerful device to fulfill wireless coverage needs. Linksys RE7000 Setup is loaded with a number of features and makes the wifi experience amazing:
- Eliminated dead zones with next-gen wifi technology and covers 10,000 square feet of area.
- Compatible with all the routers and can be set up with any wifi router.
- Easy push-button connect and spot finder technology for optimum performance of extender.
- Compatible with a high-end gaming console, Smart tv, blu-ray technologies.
- Can work as an access point as well.
RE7000 Extender Setup
Linksys RE7000 Setup is handy and anyone can do it, it doesn’t need any professional or any technical skills. How to setup Linksys extender?
- WPS Extender Setup
- Manual Extender Setup (Extender.linksys.com)
WPS Setup: RE7000
For this way place the extender in the same room as the router and turn the extender on. Now press the WPS button on the extender and then on the router. Both the devices will get configured with each other and the extender will start extending the router wireless signals.
After WPS, the light on the extender should be solid green if the light status is different reset the extender and try the WPS again.
On setup, the extender will transmit its own wireless signals and those can be identified with _EXT.
Linksys Extender Setup without WPS button:
The router may miss on WPS button on it, numbers of routers are available in the market that has no physical WPS button on it, in such case try this to setup the extender:
- Login into the router page using its IP address.
- Once login into the router page settings, look for the WPS setting or push button setting. This can be found in wireless or advanced options.
- Now initialize the WPS from the router page and press the physical WPS button available on the extender.
- This will configure the extender with the router and the extender will start extending its signals.
- If this way is also not working go for manual setup to complete the setup process.
Linksys Extender Setup RE7000: Manual Setup
It’s a sure shot method to setup an extender, it requires a computer or laptop help to complete the setup process. Let’s see how?
- Turn on the laptop and extender, connect the extender with a computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Now open a browser and look for the website extender.linksys.com
- This website will show the Linksys extender setup page and all instructions to setup the extender.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, select the wireless network to the extender and authenticate it with its password.
- Set the extender wireless name and its password.
- Create a password for the extender login page and all set.
The Linksys Extender Setup is setup and ready to use. The extender now can be disconnected from the laptop and placed at its desired location, just ensures the light should remain solid green on the extender.